Friday, October 23, 2009

Everything is a Miracle

There is a wife tale that Albert Einstein said "There are two types of people in this world, those who believe that everything is a miracle, and those who believe that nothing is." I know he said that, but he was quoting someone else - wish I knew who that was. I have to admit, I am the first. If my house burnt down, and I found a picture of the boys in the ashes, the next day when someone asked me, how my day was - I would probably tell them with enthusiasm, about an amazing miracle - that I found a pic the day before I thought I had lost.

Why mention the fire, it is done, it is gone. Find that one remnant of God in the ashes and be reborn in Christ through it - miracles are everywhere - we have to look for them however. If we cannot see them, that is our problem, not God's. So why do we blame him, for our lack of sight, when we refuse to open the eyes of our heart?

No comments: